[geeks] iPhone interface

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat May 16 10:24:05 CDT 2009

On 16 May 2009, at 13:04, Mike Meredith wrote:

> I must admit I'm kind of puzzled about how people find the iPhone
> autocomplete so "interesting". My main gripe with it is that the
> little
> X ("don't be daft, that's a stupid suggestion") is far too small.

I guess it must be because I don't *own* one yet, I have used a few of
other peoples and in Apple Stores, so the dictionary probably didn't
suit my rather individual typing style :P

> The nice thing is that as long as you don't screw up the dictionary
> and
> have to keep reseting it, the suggestions for autocomplete to seem to
> keep improving.

It's nice enough that you can reset it, you can't in WinMo as far as I
know... I might just never have bothered to find it in WM6 though :P

>>> I'm thinking really hard about the iPhone.
>
> It's not really a phone for fiddling with (at least at our level of
> fiddling). But it's pretty good for something that "just works" as
> long
> as you don't really need the functionality of other smart phones.

I don't fiddle excessively with devices I use day to day and need to
rely on. My iPhone would fall neatly into that category :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>