[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed May 13 13:21:55 CDT 2009

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Dan Sikorski wrote:
>
>> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>
>>> GMC - ALL the trucks, and ONLY trucks.  No other division may sell
>>> trucks, and that includes SUVs.  The whole idea of a Cadillac SUV is
>>> de-facto farcical.
>>>
>> I have to disagree a little here.  I think that the Escalade has a
>> place, just not in my garage.  I'd rather not try to cram a luxury car,
>> a family car, and a truck into one chassis, but some do.
>>

> I am still completely unable to fathom why anyone would need a Cadillac
> SUV, even more so than the typical SUV that basically gets used as a
> station wagon.  How many Escalade drivers are realistically EVER going
> to take that thing offroad or put a pallet of concrete pavers in the
> back?  About the roughest load it's ever going to carry is their dogs.
> It's not a practical vehicle, it's a conspicuous-consumption vehicle.

If i had a large family, i could see it.  I regularly put quite a bit of
cargo in my SUV.  Computers, water softener salt, appliances, helping a
friend or family member move, just to name the uses that I have had in
the last three months.  Minivans have as much space, but their cargo
capacity by weight is very poor.  I moved to and from college several
times in a minivan, and it was not pretty.

    -Dan Sikorski