[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 13 16:11:28 CDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 14:21 , Dan Sikorski wrote:

> If i had a large family, i could see it.  I regularly put quite a
> bit of cargo in my SUV.  Computers, water softener salt, appliances,
> helping a friend or family member move, just to name the uses that I
> have had in the last three months.  Minivans have as much space, but
> their cargo capacity by weight is very poor.  I moved to and from
> college several times in a minivan, and it was not pretty.

A proper van with a lowered truck frame and a rear drive would do your
job fine, and without the waste and overweight of an SUV.

An SUV was designed for hybrid and off-road use, and 99% of SUV owners
never use them for that, so they are mostly wasted.

America fell in love with the SUV for several reasons:

- want over reason
- a dearth of wagons and hatchbacks in the market, which do the job
far better
- conversion of real vans into front-engined "somethings" that lacked
the ability
   of past vans and made people think they needed an SUV

An SUV is actually a pretty poor cargo vehicle compared to the real
vans, hatches, and wagons unless you really do go off-road.

They might look cooler to some, but be honest: almost no one who owns
one really needs one.

About the only pragmatic feature they have for urban cargo is the
height which can be easier for _some_ types of cargo.