[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 13:11:44 CDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:

> Dan Sikorski wrote:
>> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>> GMC - ALL the trucks, and ONLY trucks.  No other division may sell
>>> trucks, and that includes SUVs.  The whole idea of a Cadillac SUV is
>>> de-facto farcical.
>>
>> I have to disagree a little here.  I think that the Escalade has a
>> place, just not in my garage.  I'd rather not try to cram a luxury
>> car,
>> a family car, and a truck into one chassis, but some do.
>
> I am still completely unable to fathom why anyone would need a
> Cadillac
> SUV, even more so than the typical SUV that basically gets used as a
> station wagon.  How many Escalade drivers are realistically EVER going
> to take that thing offroad or put a pallet of concrete pavers in the
> back?  About the roughest load it's ever going to carry is their dogs.
> It's not a practical vehicle, it's a conspicuous-consumption vehicle.

Phil,

You say you "can't fathom" why people need one, then you provide the
answer at the end of your note "conspicuous-consumption vehicle."

Cadillac used to make pickup trucks, of course you usually only saw
them full of flowers, moving down the road with it's headlights on"...

Or in an ad for President CB Radios...

Lionel