[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue May 12 00:16:49 CDT 2009

On May 9, 2009, at 09:41 , Dan Sikorski wrote:

>>> The fact that my then-current car was rapidly dying also put a bit
>>> of a time limit on making the purchase.
>>
> I try to avoid having time limits on any significant purchase, it
> inevitably leads to a less-than-optimal decision.  That said, I
> bought my last car in a hurry because the previous one was totaled
> in an accident, and i am fairly happy with it.  Looking back on the
> situation, if i could do it again, i probably would have bought
> something much cheaper to last me a few months and give me more time
> to find what i wanted.

Well, one thing I didn't mention is that one reason why my then-
current car was dying was because I had been looking for its
replacement for nearly a year.  What I thought I would have done by
summer 2008 didn't happen until Jan 2009.

I have a hard time spending that much money, and I drove a lot of
cars.  I didn't like most of them to be honest.  Very few cars
impressed me that much.

By last fall 2008 I did have a small list of acceptable cars that fit
my budget, but it turns out that choosing among them was much harder
narrowing the choices down to them in the first place.

No car is perfect and I found myself pouring over little details both
in car reviews and in multiple personal test drives.

So really, I picked from a list that I'd already narrowed down.

What I "really wanted" would have required either weeks/months more
time testing, or years waiting for me to have the money to afford it.

> Well, i don't do any software or hardware debugging, but good
> problem solving skills in general have many applications.  Having a
> good mechanic is great when your car has a problem that allows you
> to still start the car and drive it to him/her, but it doesn't help
> you if it has a problem that has you stranded on a holiday, and it's
> awfully stupid to be stranded and have a car towed over a very
> simple little problem.

....or you can just get a car that rarely needs to be fixed...

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com