[geeks] I Hate IE 8

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:46:23 CDT 2009

On 8 May 2009, at 20:31, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Whenever I start IE 8, I get the warning message at http://www.users.cloud9.net/~sridhar/addon-warning.png
>
> I use that add-on extensively.  I don't want to disable it.  It
> doesn't cause me any problems ever.  I just want to stop getting
> that message every time IE starts.

Looks like a jankey piece of software that installed some IE add-on
that IE 8 doesn't like, probably because it's insecure or
incompatible. It's fron Sonic Solutions who make CD burning software
among other things. Anything like that installed on your system?

> I hate IE.  I wish it would just drop off the face of the Earth.

You're blaming Microsoft and IE for a problem that is down to third
party software. There's a lot you can blame both parties for, but
that's not one of them, and IE 8 certainly is not as crappy as you
make it out to be. I'm so happy using it in Windows 7 RC I haven't
bothered to install Firefox yet...

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: