[geeks] I Hate IE 8

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri May 8 21:38:02 CDT 2009

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Whenever I start IE 8, I get the warning message at
>> http://www.users.cloud9.net/~sridhar/addon-warning.png
>>
>> I use that add-on extensively.  I don't want to disable it.  It
>> doesn't cause me any problems ever.  I just want to stop getting that
>> message every time IE starts.
>
> Selecting the box at the bottom of the pop-up should prevent it from
> re-appearing, unless your desktop preferences are reseting something...

No, that's not what it does, and that's not what it was designed to do.
  It was *designed* to override the check *once*, which is the problem.

> Seems a reasonable pop-up to me, but of course, opinions vary...

Bleh!

>> I hate IE.  I wish it would just drop off the face of the Earth.
>
> It isn't really that bad, is it? It's different, That's all...

No, it sucks.  When developing web apps, I have to detect which browser
is running, then present one version for IE, and one for *every* *other*
*browser* *I've* *come* *across*.

It's literally that different.  Mozilla, Netscape, SeaMonkey, FireFox,
Chrome, Konqueror, Opera, Universe, EudoraWeb, Blazer and some others
I've forgotten all work the same.

Peace...  Sridhar