[geeks] I Hate IE 8

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri May 8 21:40:57 CDT 2009

Mark Benson wrote:
> On 8 May 2009, at 20:31, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>
>> Whenever I start IE 8, I get the warning message at
>> http://www.users.cloud9.net/~sridhar/addon-warning.png
>>
>> I use that add-on extensively.  I don't want to disable it.  It
>> doesn't cause me any problems ever.  I just want to stop getting that
>> message every time IE starts.
>
> Looks like a jankey piece of software that installed some IE add-on that
> IE 8 doesn't like, probably because it's insecure or incompatible. It's
> fron Sonic Solutions who make CD burning software among other things.
> Anything like that installed on your system?

Yes, *I* installed it.  That's why I mentioned that I use it
extensively.  AND IT NEVER CAUSES ANY PROBLEMS.  Microsoft is just
fucking with me.

>> I hate IE.  I wish it would just drop off the face of the Earth.
>
> You're blaming Microsoft and IE for a problem that is down to third
> party software. There's a lot you can blame both parties for, but that's
> not one of them, and IE 8 certainly is not as crappy as you make it out
> to be. I'm so happy using it in Windows 7 RC I haven't bothered to
> install Firefox yet...

THE SOFTWARE WORKS FINE.  I just want to bypass the fucking check.
There's no way to disable it.  The check is in IE, not DLA.

THIS ONE WARNING BOX MAKES IE8 UNUSABLE ALL BY ITSELF.  We have tens of
thousands of machines with DLA installed on them.

Peace...  Sridhar