[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 07:34:30 CDT 2009

On May 8, 2009, at 3:00 AM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
wrote:

> On May 7, 2009, at 12:22 , Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> It was written to focus on 155 specific taxpayers,
>
> You honestly believe that?

Yes, I've never seen it portrayed any other way.

> Sure, that might have been what was said about it, but it seems
> pretty obvious that it could never have actually worked that way,
> and I doubt the people who crafted it were so stupid they didn't
> know that.

That the reality may not have lived up to the intention doesn't change
the intention.

I can easily imagine it having been created after someone realized a
large hole in the tax code and railed about it to get elected. We've
seen in recent years that the some rich folks lament their low tax
bill compared with their secretary (Warren Buffet), and we've also
seen Congress threaten to use the tax code to punish a small group of
people who chose to act in a way, while legal, displeased members of
Congress (AIG bonuses). In this context I have no problem believing
that congress passed a tax code change targeted at 155 individuals.

Lionel