[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 6 14:43:12 CDT 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 13:26 , Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 2009, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>>> It works for me.
>>
>> Wait a minute, the Internet is not anarchy, far from it. We have RFCs
>> that are treated as laws, a central authority that hands out IP
>> addresses, and a distributed central authority that manages DNS.
>> Where,
>> exactly is the anarchy?
>
> If I want my own DNS, I can set it up.  Others can use it.  Look at
> OpenDNS and all the others.

You cannot set up your "own DNS".

You can set up your *TINY* part of the heavily centralized DNS system,
that's all.

Maybe you are forgetting that a lot of other centralized and well
controlled servers are queried before yours are for the final
authoritative answer.

The Internet is not absolutely central or anarchic, and it isn't the
same thing as a government anyway.  It's a machine, and machines
operate by rules if you want them to work well.

Human government has far ore "flex" in the system so the restraints
that color the decisions people make in maintaining an Internet are
not there.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com