[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed May 6 14:11:17 CDT 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009 18:45:22 -0400 (EDT), Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Mike Meredith <very at zonky.org>
> " Some time back there was a report indicating that many CEOs are in
> fact " "successful" sociopaths. Perhaps we need psychometric testing
> of CEOs " (and others in a position of power) to exclude such people ?
>
> i'm on board, if we can find an incorruptible way to do it...  because
> if there's a way to subvert it, the successful sociopaths will find
> it.

The obvious method is to implement it and deal with the corruption as
that becomes apparent ... that's the way everything else like this
works after all.

> along that line, i once heard of a study that, analyzing public
> documents and utterances, concluded that politicians on average scored
> well in only 2 of the 5 major personality dimensions - and george
> bush, only 1.  they are not well rounded, well balanced personalities.

"and others in a position of power" :)

At the very least it seems wise to test for sociopaths and exclude them.

> i have long thought of the campaign process as selecting for
> responsibility-challenged power addicts.  and if part of the game is

Popular ones too. I'm not sure why popularity is supposed to be an
indication of how well someone can run a country (or a city).

> amen!  and it could stand for industry and government generally - but
> who guards the guardians?

Given the disparity between a senior civil servant's salary and a
senior banker's salary, it should become obvious quite quickly which
ones are corrupt. We also already have mechanisms in place to guard the
guardians, so there's no reason why these mechanisms couldn't be
extended to cover this too.

Partially corrupt supervision is probably slightly better than no
supervision at all.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Religeon is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you'd have