[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 6 10:21:38 CDT 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 08:42 , Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> On May 5, 2009, at 6:45 PM, adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
>> wrote:
>>> but who guards the guardians?
>>
>> An informed and engaged citizenry...
>>
>> That's what our founding fathers envisioned, but we've fallen a bit
>> short on both, I'm afraid...
>
> A situation which our government, at almost all levels, has (by all
> appearances) been working hard to further.  Keep the electorate
> under-informed, keep them from developing critical thinking skills,
> keep
> them afraid, keep them dependent...

Increase the complication of things like tax laws they must comply
with, among other things, so their time to participate in real
government is much lower than it should be.

I've seen government sponsored print and early TV/newsreel ads from
the 50s which talked about how doing your taxes and other busy work
was participating in government.  A lot of people have become
convinced that doing that really is work, and thus entitles them to
largess which they keep voting for instead of national success.

It was more brainwashing and social control than the Nazis or Soviets
had ever been able to do, and it was right here.

Some of the government spew from England comes right out of post-WWII
era science fiction.