[geeks] Needed: A good sparc workstation

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Mar 9 17:01:56 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 09:08:29PM +0000, Michael-John Turner wrote:

>Well, I can confirm exactly what you described - my keyboard is hosed if I
>login to the default GNOME desktop on my Ubuntu 8.10 system via XDMCP (OS X
>10.5 server). Using VNC seems to work fine though, using the default Ubuntu
>VNC server (System -> Preferences -> Remote Desktop) and Chicken of the VNC
>as the client.

This makes my point exactly. I researched it on the web and did it exactly
the way it was documented, and it "worked" perfectly. I put worked in quotes,
because I did not get a working keyboard mapping.

Michael-John did it using the GUI with a few clicks and it did work for
him.

Meanwhile, of course, I had no GUI to use the GUI to do it.

Geoff.