[geeks] Needed: A good sparc workstation

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Mon Mar 9 12:21:40 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 05:07:23PM +0200, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> No console. It's the closest thing to a serial console you can do with
> a vga. A 640x480 mono monitor from a cash register.

Cash register monitors are very cool - I've always wanted one but have
never gotten around to hunting one down.

> It's configured as whatever the default keyboard is. I tried a few different
> ones and it did not change anything, so I set it back to the default.

Hmm... And layout - US or something a little more exotic?

Am curious about this now, so am going to have a fiddle tonight and see if
it works for me (my HP 2133 is running Ubuntu 8.10 with the default GNOME
desktop installed).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner