[geeks] Needed: A good sparc workstation

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Mar 9 10:07:23 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 02:02:53PM +0000, Michael-John Turner wrote:

>Ah. What type of keyboard are you using and what do you have it configured
>as in GNOME? I assume the locally-attached keyboard works fine when you run
>GNOME on the console?

No console. It's the closest thing to a serial console you can do with
a vga. A 640x480 mono monitor from a cash register.

It's configured as whatever the default keyboard is. I tried a few different
ones and it did not change anything, so I set it back to the default.

The keyboards I've tried are:

Powerbook G4 15" vga. (MacOSX Tiger)
MSI Wind U100 (Windows XP and MacOS X Leopard)
Teac multimedia K5390 (Windows XP)

Geoff.