[geeks] Impressive...

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Mon Mar 2 09:28:08 CST 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 07:45:56AM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
> Yeh, I'm impressed with it at every turn, I've thrown Windows Vista,
> Windows 7, Ubuntu 8.04 x64, Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris 2008.11 at it
> and all have performed very well. It seems to perform very
> 'non-budget' for a budget machine. The Atom 330 dual core even
> supports full EM64T so you can run 64-bit stuff on it. It's kind of
> sad to think the things probably got more guts than my U60 :(

Ditto. I have one running Debian with a 64-bit Xen Dom0 kernel and multiple
64-bit Linux DomUs and it's working like a charm. Only complaint I have is
that the fan on the northbridge of the D945GCLF2 is a POS... Last week I
discovered that mine had stopped turning a while ago - no wonder the
whining had stopped!

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner