[geeks] Impressive...

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 01:45:56 CST 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you looked for an approriate NIC driver for Solaris? I thought there
> was one

I'm using a 3Com 3C905 (I keep a few lying about for such instances)
and that works fine.

> and as you mentioned, the video "should" work as well.

Something fundamental seems to be broken in in 10.08 or the version of
Xorg they are using that stops it working.

> At around $80-90 for the MB/CPU combo, plus chassis and HD, it makes a very
> nice low-end box.

Yeh, I'm impressed with it at every turn, I've thrown Windows Vista,
Windows 7, Ubuntu 8.04 x64, Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris 2008.11 at it
and all have performed very well. It seems to perform very
'non-budget' for a budget machine. The Atom 330 dual core even
supports full EM64T so you can run 64-bit stuff on it. It's kind of
sad to think the things probably got more guts than my U60 :(

--

Mark Benson