[geeks] Speaker Stands and Keyboards

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jun 11 17:41:35 CDT 2009

On Jun 11, 2009, at 17:31 , Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
>> You should be able to choose from a range of stands, from something
>> that
>> moves along with the bass notes (but is light and strong) to a
>> stand that
>> will be the last thing standing when the bomb drops. :-)
>
> The problem with professional stands is that most (I've not seen one
> that doesn't) require you to either have a cup in the bottom of the
> speaker to mate with the top of the mounting post, or require you to
> drill the speaker cabinet to attach their proprietary mounting
> hardware to your speaker cabinet.
>
> None of them take keyhole mount speakers, and all are unacceptable
> for various reasons.

I have no idea if any of this is useful, but here are some links:

http://www.amazon.com/Vantage-Point-Universal-Satellite-Speaker/dp/B0000634T6
http://www.btech-usa.com/bt10mk.html
http://www.btech-usa.com/bt11.html

Most of the stands I saw on a quick search--and about a year ago when
I was looking myself--use keyhole adapters, most of which require
drilling.

Seems the industry doesn't agree much on this sort of thing.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com