[geeks] Speaker Stands and Keyboards

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:31:57 CDT 2009

gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> You should be able to choose from a range of stands, from something that
> moves along with the bass notes (but is light and strong) to a stand that
> will be the last thing standing when the bomb drops. :-)

The problem with professional stands is that most (I've not seen one
that doesn't) require you to either have a cup in the bottom of the
speaker to mate with the top of the mounting post, or require you to
drill the speaker cabinet to attach their proprietary mounting hardware
to your speaker cabinet.

None of them take keyhole mount speakers, and all are unacceptable for
various reasons.

Peace...  Sridhar