[geeks] HP xw9300

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:40:23 CST 2009

> As to the D10, that is a lot more than I was thinking to spend.
> Remeber, I said top end from 4 years ago or low end new.  Not top end
> new.  Aaron, do you think that what you said would also apply to older
> Intellistations, like the A-Pro, M-Pro, or Z-Pro?

I had several Z Pros over the years and all were reliable machines. On
the other hand, they were quite loud by my standards.

I don't know your budget, but a D10 via CPP/EPP with a quad core
E5405, RAID array deleted, a single hard drive, and base memory comes
to something around $850 with a three year warranty (by IBM's server
division). The machine supports inexpensive quad rank 4GB FBDIMMs
which are available for $75-$85 a stick from Kingston.

Thanks,

Aaron