[geeks] HP xw9300

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Feb 18 11:00:27 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:54:48AM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Aaron Finley wrote:
>
> > In terms of PCs, I swear by the Lenovo D10 and I recommend you take a
> > look at one priced via Lenovo CPP/EPP (codes are readily available by
> > searching.) I have two and have successfully recommended an additional
> > five to friends and coworkers all who are extremely pleased with them.
> > The one I am using is an eight core Xeon with 24GB of RAM, 3 750GB
> > disks and a GTX 260. The machine is absolutely silent. The case is
> > very solid and the internal layout [1] is superior to HP machines.
> > Before I bought my second D10, I bought a refurbished HP XW6600 and
> > RMAed it due to the fact that I found it noisy and it had lesser build
> > quality.
>
> can it be put on its side and rackmounted?

I don't know what Patrick is thinking, but personally I someday hope to
own a desk with rackmounts areas in one or both pedestles, in addition
to under the monitor bridge.

As to the D10, that is a lot more than I was thinking to spend.
Remeber, I said top end from 4 years ago or low end new.  Not top end
new.  Aaron, do you think that what you said would also apply to older
Intellistations, like the A-Pro, M-Pro, or Z-Pro?