[geeks] food geekery question

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Dec 22 10:40:54 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 09:16:40AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> But beyond that, if you're going to be doing a lot of food prep at home,
> the most important investment you can make is a set of really good
> kitchen knives.  If I lost the blender, mixer, processor and every other
> small appliance I would be fine as long as I had my knives.

Of course, a reasonable set could be two good chef knives (or Santoku)
in 8 and 10 in lengths, a cheap bread knife, and a modest pairing
knife.

BTW, America's Test Kitchen prefered chef's knife is a cheap 8" model
for about $25.  I believe it is the Forschner Fibrox 8-inch, but I'm not
home to look it up easily right now.

I'd like to add a slicing knife and a cleaver someday to my set.