[geeks] Headphone Interconnects

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:30:12 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alois Hammer wrote:
>>
>> http://www.monoprice.com/ (first pick) and http://www.cablestogo.com/
>> appear to have plenty of 3.5mm cables.  CablesToGo appears to be your
>> pick if you'd like to pay lots extra for "oxygen-free" cables. :)
>
> Monoprice doesn't seem to carry them.  It was the first place I had checked.
>  The only one they have that comes close is a retractable jobbie.  I'm not
> sure if the retractable ones are of sufficient build quality or not.
>
> CablesToGo has one for $14, which is pretty good.  They're not exactly known
> for the quality of their cables, though.  I wonder how well they'll hold up
> to the wear and tear.

If you are ok with molded construction, soundprofessionals also have
this one for $10:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=SP-SPSC-7

Advantage over the cableto go beside the price is the 90 degree plug.
However, I prefer cables I can repair and none of the molded types are
repairable.