[geeks] power (was Mr. Bill)

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Thu Sep 18 15:37:16 CDT 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:47:35 -0400, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Sandwich Maker wrote:
> > sadly, if it becomes common enough, the reaction is to change not
> > the teaching but the dictionaries.
> >

> So, in ten years, "i can haz cheezburger" will be taught as proper
> grammar and spelling.

(mistaking the about for 'txt-speke')

The great thing about txt-speke (or whatever that mangled language that
texters use) is that finally after many years of being lectured to
about English usage by my mum, I finally get to lecture her :)

Funny thing is that I remember a report (no idea of the source) saying
that txters do finally grow up and start using correct English in the
appropriate places.