[geeks] Mr Bill?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Sep 18 07:53:20 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 08:46:24AM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
>    As for Mr. Bill's current status, was there anything you were glad
> you had on hand when this started (MREs? Extra batteries? An extra
> $something?), or gear you thought you'd use but didn't? thankfully I
> live up a hill here in Rhode Island, but I notice my office is past the
> Providence Hurrican Barrier, and I am designated as "vital staff" in the
> event of an Event. :7(

I still have no power, and may not until sometime next week.  However, I'm
alternating between a generator and an extension cord from the guy across
the street who *does* have power.

1.  Need a battery backup / deep-cycle battery / solar cell / something for
my CPAP machine.

2.  Need *quality* LED flashlights, not the cheap $5 chinese crap I thought
would be good enough.  I *still* need these.

3.  Yeah, I should keep a couple cases of MREs around; we just lived on
snack food for a couple days until the grocery stores and fast food places
started opening.

4.  More clean laundry.  I think I run out of clean clothes today; need to
use the W/D at my neighbor's house across the street.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas