[geeks] Browser licensing?

Eric Railine erailine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 18:44:33 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 06:33:46PM -0400, Eric Railine wrote:
>
>> I tried Chrome for all of 30 minutes (on Windows) but could not get it
>> to import my Firefox bookmarks - it tried, gave up, and if I tried
>> manually it would just consume 100% of my CPU (both cores).  Guess I
>> won't be using it soon....
>
> I haven't tried it as I don't have any handy XP/Vista machines.  Getting
> it to import my bookmarks is one of the things I care about least.  My
> bookmarks would probably bog down any browser.

My bookmarks bog them all down, too, but I *am* able to import them
successfully into other browsers (I've tried IE7, Firefox2, Firefox3,
& Opera, FWIW).  And while doing so they manage to only consume one
core rather than both.  Consuming both cores *and* failing doesn't
particularly impress me.  The benchmarks some people are claiming do
sound impressive, but the EULA questions & the lack of usable
bookmarks (for me) make it useless at the moment (as well as/esp. by
not having a currently functional Linux port, per their own build
instructions).  YMMV, IMO, etc. etc. etc.

-Eric