[geeks] Browser licensing?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Sep 3 17:42:01 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 06:33:46PM -0400, Eric Railine wrote:

> Not exactly obvious.  It's also a 437MB download, so I haven't looked
> at it yet & don't really expect to.
>
> They obviously prefer that you use SVN to access/download the code.

The tarball is a SVN checkout.  For the time being they prefer you start
with the tarball, then use svn update from there to ease the load on the
SVN server.

> I tried Chrome for all of 30 minutes (on Windows) but could not get it
> to import my Firefox bookmarks - it tried, gave up, and if I tried
> manually it would just consume 100% of my CPU (both cores).  Guess I
> won't be using it soon....

I haven't tried it as I don't have any handy XP/Vista machines.  Getting
it to import my bookmarks is one of the things I care about least.  My
bookmarks would probably bog down any browser.