[geeks] Liber-fascism

Erie Patsellis erie at shelbyvilledesign.com
Thu Oct 30 16:35:14 CDT 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Erie Patsellis wrote:

>> It's no different here in rural Illinois, we have a rather large Amish
>> community nearby, they (collectively) complain about the condition of
>> the roads, yet how many dollars in gas/road tax do they pay? (and as I'm
>> told, they also are exempt from inheritance taxes and the like as well)
>>
>> erie
>>

> Don't be hating on the Amish now!
>
> They pay road tax on their generator fuel at the least, and they school
> their own kids while still paying the same property taxes.
>
> Don't know about the inheritance tax exemption; maybe it applies to all
> farmers?
>
> --Patrick

Patrick,
from what I 've been told (and not checked into), there are some laws on
the books that give them certain tax exemptions, including reduced
property taxes (at least in this neck of the woods) as well as other tax
breaks, I'm not "hating" but if you've ever done business with the
Amish, you'll quickly appreciate what I'm saying, like everybody else
today, they want it cheap and want to sell what they have for big $$$.