[geeks] education systems around the world

Alex Feinberg alex at strlen.net
Fri Oct 24 12:57:11 CDT 2008

Isn't it true that free and compulsory education is pretty much the
rule, rather than exception -- at least by law -- around the world?

    At the primary level it's a part of the UN Declaration of Human
Rights.

    I can't find a comprehensive map, but here are good starting
points:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_education
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_education

    Thanks,