[geeks] education systems around the world

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Oct 24 15:37:48 CDT 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Alex Feinberg wrote:

> Isn't it true that free and compulsory education is pretty much the
> rule, rather than exception -- at least by law -- around the world?
>
>    At the primary level it's a part of the UN Declaration of Human
> Rights.

I didn't realize the UN was quite -that- broken as to declare that
everyone has a "right" to the fruits of the labor of others.  Either the
teachers must work for free, or the people would be compelled to fund
them.

If theft is a recognized human right, I'll just help myself to whatever
furniture is in the UN building the next time I need to flesh out a room
in my house.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi