[geeks] IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

Jon Gilbert jjj at io.com
Fri Oct 3 15:51:56 CDT 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 6:53 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> I was just about to post the same thing, but I figured that he did not
> want to build something with one in it, just use the darn thing. I
> could not
> find the drivers for it, but I'm sure they are out there.
> I'm not sure you really need it, which is good because it is not
> really
> supported under XP, it postdates Windows Vista, and any XP support was
> developed later because too many people bought computers with them in
> them and went back to XP.
>
> Is there a driver disk that came with the computer?
> Does the manufacturer's website have a download page for XP drivers so
> that you can install your own copy of Windows, not theirs?
>
> Have you tried Windows XP/SP3? It might be included there.

Replacing the RAM fixed the BSoD's it seems (no more IRQL errors! hell
yeah!). Though I wonder if, perhaps, the HPET not having drivers but
yet being enabled in BIOS could cause errors with RAM quantities over
1GB? I can disable the HPET in the bios since we can't find any
drivers for it anywhere and it doesn't seem to be necessary for the
system to function. We can't upgrade the Windows Embedded installation
to a higher service pack unfortunately. I think I can live without
HPET. We'll see.

Thanks for all your help guys. It seems that my problem has been
solved! Awesome!

-
Jon Gilbert
PGP fingerprint: 7FA9 B168 73CA A698 DD9E  2DF2 EE1A 3E73 3119 741F