[geeks] IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Oct 2 00:44:36 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> 99.99% of the IRQL BSOD's I've gotten and heard of other people getting
> were easily resolved. The message would make more sense if it said:
>
> "You have bad memory. This memory will pass any test you give it, but
>  fails under the load of a real system."

Bad memory may be the #1 cause, but it's very shortly followed by the #2
cause of bad kernel-mode drivers.  In this instance "bad" means
defective, incompatible with the current service pack, incompatible with
other kernel-mode drivers, or expecting a different HAL.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi