[geeks] IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Oct 2 08:53:09 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 08:39:30AM -0500, Michael Parson wrote:
>Info & Spec from intel:
>
>http://www.intel.com/hardwaredesign/hpetspec_1.pdf
>
>However, it seems there is at least one USB Audio device that is using
>that dev id too.
>
>Given that you are seeing this device under ACPI rather than USB, I'd
>wager that you're dealing with an HPET .

I was just about to post the same thing, but I figured that he did not
want to build something with one in it, just use the darn thing. I could not
find the drivers for it, but I'm sure they are out there.

I'm not sure you really need it, which is good because it is not really
supported under XP, it postdates Windows Vista, and any XP support was
developed later because too many people bought computers with them in
them and went back to XP.

Is there a driver disk that came with the computer?

Does the manufacturer's website have a download page for XP drivers so
that you can install your own copy of Windows, not theirs?

Have you tried Windows XP/SP3? It might be included there.

Geoff.