[geeks] [rescue] Question of how to "smooth" power from Laser  printer

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 28 13:47:30 CDT 2008

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/03/28 Fri PM 12:52:37 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Question of how to "smooth" power from Laser  printer

>Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>> " Ooh.  I *like* that idea.  Probably both stiffer and cheaper than
>>> the " 3/4"-1" plywood I was considering for my desk rebuild, too.
>>>
>>> hollow core doors are very strong too.
>>
>> But not in compression through the plane.
>
>I was seriously considering making a desk out of lightweight concrete.
>More for aesthetic purposes, but I'd bet it would be pretty strong.

(moved to geeks)

I think you left out the magic word - "reinforced", as in "reinforced, lightweight concrete"...

My wife and I were considering making a section of our kitchen counter out of concrete as a cheap, non-temperature sensetive surface (like a 4 foot run between the fridge and the cooktop/stove, as a place to put hot pots/trays/etc.)...

Lionel