[geeks] Concrete countertops

Anthony Ortenzi geeks at litfire.com
Fri Mar 28 13:59:20 CDT 2008

Lionel Peterson said
> My wife and I were considering making a section of our kitchen counter out
> of concrete as a cheap, non-temperature sensetive surface (like a 4 foot
> run between the fridge and the cooktop/stove, as a place to put hot
> pots/trays/etc.)...

I've seen this done on a few of those house-flipping shows where cost is a
big factor, but there's also a desire not to look "cheap".

It seems to allow for nice looks at a reasonable price, but I would have
some level of concern about both durability of the material over the longer
term in kitchen use, as well as staining and hygiene due to the porosity.

-Anthony