[geeks] I found it! Micronics M54Pe system available

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 23 11:32:16 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I have found my old Micronics M54Pe system, and if I remember correctly, R. Stricklin was interested in it, but in case his interest has waned I'm offering up here on the chance that anyone else is interested...

Currently, it is in a large Full Tower case with 6x 5 1/4" bays (one has a 4x CD-ROM), 2x 3 1/2" bays (one floppy installed), and I assume several internal HD bays. It also currently has 256 Meg of RAM, dual P133 CPUs, add-in video and network cards (no sound). Red Hat Linux 6.2 is installed, but there is an incompatibility between the flat panel on my workbench and the video card settings Red Hat is trying to use, but console video is fine, and the TOD clock is still accurate.

This chassis is very tall (it climbs to desk-height and has casters on the bottom), but it isn't that heavy. If you just want the MB, you have to take the chassis/PS, but I'll sell it for actual shipping. If you want the complete system as-is (2x CPUs, 256 Meg RAM, floppy, CD, NIC, Video) I'll have to see what the RAM is worth to give you a price (it is parity 72 pin, either 8x 32 Meg or 4x 64 Meg - I won't know until I open it up - all I'm looking for is eBay value of the RAM, all the other bits go along for the ride).

I called this machine "doubleslo", though it really isn't that bad - it is what it is - maybe I'll try one of the smaller Linux distributions, but I don't know if they support SMP.

MB info is available here: http://artofhacking.com/th99/m/M-O/32750.htm

If interested, please contact me off-list.

Lionel