[geeks] FS: Ultra AXe system $35 + S/H (OBO)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 23 10:38:00 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I've got a Sun AXe-based system for sale, it is as described below - I've just powered it up (after almost 2 years) and it still runs fine. If you think my asking price is too high, please don't hesitate to make a counter-offer.

Sun AXe motherboard w/soldered-on 300 MHz UltraSPARC IIi CPU w/256K cache
4x 128 Meg DIMMs (512 Meg total) - all slots full
52x CD-ROM drive (IDE)
40 Gig HD
3 1/2" floppy drive
On-board graphics, serial/parallel, 3x PCi slots

Installed in "nearly new" generic ATX case w/300 Watt PS
(beige, tower case with 4 5 1/4" openings and one 3 1/2" opening)

It currently has older Solaris 10 installed, may update Solaris if I can find the SPARC CDs.

The chassis is very light, and I have suitable box for shipment, so all you'll pay is actual FedEx Ground from 08534 (NJ) to you. Local pick-up is an option, and I can bring it to TCF if buy waould prefer...

If interested, please contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Lionel