[geeks] Doorbells

Sun Mar 23 09:06:23 CDT 2008

>> (For example, in many - most? - jurisdictions, I believe that last
>> paragraph is false, that it is actually a violation to practice the
>> invention even privately.)
> Not at all.  Certainly not in the U.S., Canada, E.U, etc.

Cite, please?  Canadian law preferred, since you specifically mention
Canada, and that's where I am.

>> If they were selling into a jursidiction where your patent applied,
>> I suspect you would find it easy - well, relatively easy - to stop
>> them.
> No, it would not.  [...] in the U.S. [...]  in the end very often the
> company with the best lawyers wins.

Well, sure, in the US.  If you want to restrict the discussion to
countries with catastrophically broken legal systems, you're probably
right.  I thought we were discussing patent law more generally, rather
than specifically in countries with broken legal systems.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca