[geeks] Anyone use this SATA controller in a PC

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 9 11:33:40 CDT 2008

>From: Alois Hammer <aloishammer at casearmour.net>
>Date: 2008/03/08 Sat PM 02:09:21 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Anyone use this SATA controller in a PC

<snip>

>Short answer: you'll never notice a difference between SATA-I and
>SATA-II in this box.

That's my thinking as well - BTW, this server has 64 bit, 66 MHz PCI slots,
not PCI-X or PCI-Express (it is a PIII Xeon system after all). Some of the
cards I mentioned supported 66 MHz operation, IIRC.

I guess the real *bonus* for going SATA "II" would be the ability to use the
newer functions (like NCQ), but that would require more expensive HDs, which I
probably won't want to "waste" on such an old system...

Lionel