[geeks] Anyone use this SATA controller in a PC

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 9 11:29:14 CDT 2008

>From: Sevan / Venture37 <venture37 at hotmail.com>
>Date: 2008/03/08 Sat PM 01:05:34 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Anyone use this SATA controller in a PC

>One of the Silicon Image chips (i think its the SiI3114) also has some design
>flaws aswell which causes data corruption.
>So steer clear of those aswell.
>
>What OS are you planning to run on this box?

The big three - Solaris, Windows Server 2003, and/or Ubuntu Server. It will
likely be a SAMP, WAMP or LAMP server. I see that the PowerEdge 4400 is not
specifically listed on the SOlaris HCL, but the 3D/i integrated SCSI RAID
controller is, so it *should* work.

BTW, anyone interested in some "RAID kits" pulled from PowerEdge 2400s? They
consist of the RAID "key" and a cache DIMM - I've got a few as we are sending
a few PE2400s off to meet their maker at $WORK

Lionel