[geeks] PC Hardware (Power Supplies)

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Mar 5 08:20:55 CST 2008

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
> " Joost van de Griek wrote:
> " > Beetle" is not a Beetle.
> " >
> " > No way, no how.
> "
> " Any more than the BMW Mini is a Mini.
>
> ever seen 'em side by side?  the bmw 'mini' is frickin -huge-!!!  and
> it weighs more than twice as much too, though they have a semblance of
> an excuse for that in modern safety regs.

Yeah.  When I first saw the concept teasers, I thought, "That doesn't
look much like a Mini."  Then I actually saw one in the flesh, and
couldn't do anything but shake my head.  That's a Mini like the little
tiny GLH front-wheel-drive econobox of the 80s was a Dodge Charger.

> hey - the mini is another long runner, ~'60 - ~'92 or so, and it took
> bmc almost that long to make it pay.  some of the last ones had efi
> and turbos and something like 125hp.  woohoo!

Three words:  "The Italian Job."  :)

(The original starring Michael Caine and real Mini Coopers, of course.)

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.