[geeks] PC Hardware (Power Supplies)

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Mar 5 10:58:19 CST 2008

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:50:57 -0500 (EST), Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " Any more than the BMW Mini is a Mini.
>
> ever seen 'em side by side?  the bmw 'mini' is frickin -huge-!!!  and

My sister's husband drives one. I like to poke fun at it by claiming
it's a mini after too many pies :)

> hey - the mini is another long runner, ~'60 - ~'92 or so, and it took
> bmc almost that long to make it pay.  some of the last ones had efi
> and turbos and something like 125hp.  woohoo!

My mum was an original mini-fan. She drove an early one in the 1960s
and then again for 10 years from the mid-70s onwards. Even the
lower-powered ones had more oomph than you would expect! Surprisingly
my dad (2m tall) had no trouble driving one, although he did used to
say it was more like he was wearing a mini than sitting in one.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  No security outfit ever went broke relying on the stupidity of users.