[geeks] rsync type backup for Apple machines?

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sat Jun 28 14:10:12 CDT 2008

On the topic, I have an rsync question...

I have an OS X machine that's doing torrents full-time, and is my
iTunes server.  When I torrent videos, the completed files are copied
to a hard disk on said box.  I want a copy of the videos on a disk on
my workstation for local viewing and I want to do a rather complex
syncing between the two.

New videos are created on the media server, then copied to the
workstation for local viewing.  I want to be able to delete them from
the workstation after viewing, and have them disappear from the server
as well.

Make sense?  Is there any way rsync can do this?

Thanks,

--sambo