[geeks] Multitools?

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:13:54 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:08:49PM -0500, Chad McAuley wrote:
> So what do you guys use/like as far as multitools are concerned?

I have a Leatherman Wave (somewhere).  I usually keep it in my bag/
backpack instead of "on me".

I had a Leatherman Micra (given for Christmas by a boss); that was
lost to TSA in LV after they missed it @  Dulles.  It lasted about 5
years, so that's pretty good.  I carried it all the time in my pocket.

I bought a Gerber Clutch last year before our motorcycle trip during
the summer.  It's really *stiff*; the torx that hold it together look
over-torqued to me.  I got it because it has pliers instead of
scissors, but still fits in the front pants pocket. I may try
loosening it up a tad.  It was intended for something to always have
on me while riding so I didn't have to crack open the bags to get out
the full tool bag.  I also use it around the house instead of digging
out "big tools" (outside in 107F heat in the shed) to crack loose
screws that are torqued too tight for a skinny micro screwdriver--like
board screws in a PC, etc.  Being able to use the Clutch in an "L"
shape makes those easy.

=Nadine=