[geeks] Glowing Review: Rational Purify

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Jun 13 18:10:12 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 06:55:47PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Maybe what we need is a feature in all production OS that a valgrind
> or a Purify could hook into to help make the analysis part of the code
> portable.

That may be what we need, but as long as Windows is a production OS, we
are screwed.

Does DTrace do any of this sort of task?  I'm still rather hazy on
DTrace.  On the upside, it is available for 3 OSs already.  If someone
ported it to Linux, it would probably really dominate whatever it is
that it really does.