[geeks] LOM and Console on separate serial ports on T1 105?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jan 7 16:23:24 CST 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 10:20:49PM +0000, Mark wrote:
> I had another remolish again tonight. I've been doing that an awful
> lot since Xmas. Anyhoo, I moved my RS/6000 and my T1 105 servers
> closer to my desk so I can actually damn well do something with them :P

My desk and my T1 105 are about as far apart as possible while still
being in the same house.

And that is the way I like it.

After all, ethernet doesn't care about the distance.  And I can put the
serial console of the T1 on something like a serial port on the E250
(and of course, the e250 has the RSC card, which means it doesn't need a
serial console).

LOM isn't worthless, but the LOM on the T1 isn't anywhere near as useful
as the RSC.