[geeks] LOM and Console on separate serial ports on T1 105?

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:45:17 CST 2008

On 7 Jan 2008, at 22:23, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> My desk and my T1 105 are about as far apart as possible while still
> being in the same house.
>
> And that is the way I like it.

I could understand that really - thankfully mine doesn't run very much
and under the desk it's a lot quieter than it is up on the bench!!

> LOM isn't worthless, but the LOM on the T1 isn't anywhere near as
> useful
> as the RSC.

Yeh it was really a very early on-board LOM. I don't know how ahead-or-
behind the competition it was but it seemed like a neat idea, it's
simple and with a console switch you could power up a whole rack of
Netras (and by the spec and description these things were used by the
rack, not by the unit) from your work desk :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>