[geeks] Need Advice

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 08:06:32 CST 2008

> I'm building a new PC for myself (ASUS A8V motherboard with an AMD
> Athalon 64 chip -- about 1.9 GHz).  I've installed it into the case
> (which has an Award PS-300 300W power supply). I'm using an Invidia
> 7600GT video card AGP video card with 256MB of memory. When I power on
> the system it's clear that there's power to the machine but I don't get
> a signal on the monitor nor do I hear any sounds from the speaker (i.e.
> the ever present, expected, beep).

Almost the same specs and have the same problem. I end up turning it off
then back on a couple of times. I figure I'll replace the PS one of these
days but I'm not convinced that is the problem. I think the motherboard
isn't disabling the onboard Video correctly on mine. I'm waiting for Asus to
update the BIOS.

Rick