[geeks] PC Repair shop fun...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Feb 25 09:56:00 CST 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> I'm considering something like that myself, part-time from home.  I
>> don't need to make a *lot* of money off it, because I can't make over
>> $900 a month without jeopardizing disability, and I can't afford to do
>> that until I *know* I can maintain a steady income.
>
> Something like that should be possible, but I'd bet you'd be better
> served if you partnered with a storefront *or* offered to work on-site.
> I think you'd have a problem getting people to take you seriously as a
> business in the basement, no matter how well laid-out the basement
> "store front" is.
>
> Of course, I'm assuming your disability wouldn't limit mobility/ability
> to work on-site.

Well, I'm thinking specifically of something I can do part time in
between running kids to and from school.  Sort of part-time Geek Squad,
making house calls when needed.  I'm not looking to make a living at it,
just pull in some extra income on the side.

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.