[geeks] website/domain hosting, .mac alternatives

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 12 22:22:18 CST 2008

  On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:03 PM, Nadine Miller wrote:

> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience with Dreamhost (www.dreamhost.com)?

<snip>

> Hang around webhostingtalk.com and look at the horror stories.  There
> are a lot of other hosts out there with better reliability at lesser
> cost.

The problems people have should be tempered with the price and your
intended use of the service - I have the *cheapest* hosting option they
have, turned out to be about $50 for two years with a free domain
registration. My use is for a place to dump random things, and I don't
need 24x7, 365 access, I just need it up the few hours a month I want
access ;^)

For a .mac replacement, dreamhost I think it's fine, but YMMV.

Lionel